Tag Archives: IRS Resolution

Resolving IRS Problems – Look for a Certified, Licensed Professional

IRS tax problem is not pleasant and only gets worse as time progresses. You want to pay off your tax debt quickly. In order to do so be sure to hire a certified, licensed tax professional who knows what he is doing. The last thing you don't want when trying to resolve your tax problem is someone to rip you off and does not provide you with a solution to your tax problem. In this article, we will discuss what to look for in a tax relief professional.

When looking to hire a tax relief professional look for the following:

Make sure the individual (not a company) is certified. This means you need to deal with the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), the prosecutor or the Registered Agent (EA). You can hire the Philadelphias best IRS resolution services to deal with your taxes. The reason you want to hire a tax professional is that the IRS requires your tax relief specialist to become one of these to represent you.  

Check the reputation of the individual tax relief specialist. Check the state board of public accounting (CPA), the state bar association (lawyers) or IRS (EA) to see if any complaints have been filed against a tax professional you are considering. Make sure your tax resolution expert does not have a history of repeated violations.

Make sure the tax resolution specialists have lots of experience practicing before the IRS. Just because someone is a CPA, Attorney or EA does not automatically mean they know what they are doing. Make sure they have at least five years of experience helping people solve their tax problems.

The reason I say five years is that it said it takes someone 10,000 hours to master the trade. Assuming you work 2,000 per year in your trading, which means it would take five years of a professional tax preparer to dominate the tax resolution and IRS tax relief trade. Five years is minimal. I prefer 8 or more years of experience in IRS representation – five is minimal. You want the old crusty professional to provide tax resolution services – rather than someone just out of school.