Baby powder is a type of cosmetic or hygienic powder made of a mineral called talc. The powder is often used to prevent or treat diaper rash around the baby's bottom and genital area. Women who used this powder on their genitals to reduce the famine odours, to soothe rashes or relieve friction on the skin.
But according to media reports, more than 6600 talcum powder cancer lawsuit has been filed against Johnson & Johnson. The lawsuit was filed on behalf of the majority of women who have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. They claim to have suffered from cancer after long-term use of talcum powder on their genital area.
However, there are certain criteria that must be fulfilled in order to file a talcum powder lawsuit. You can refer to https://www.talcumpowdercancerlawsuit.com/who-can-file-a-talcum-powder-cancer-lawsuit.aspx to know all the criteria in great detail.
Image Source: Google
How is baby powder used safely?
- Avoid putting baby powder directly on the genitals. Instead, apply foot powder on the genital skin as smooth.
- Avoid baby powder on your baby's eyes.
- Keep it away from your face. This can help to avoid the possibility of inhalation.
- Keep out of reach of your children.
- Whisk directly into your hands away from your face.
- Do not shake the baby to the baby powder directly. Whisk into the cloth and then use a soft cloth pat powder on baby's skin.