To setup Netgear Genie Smart Wizard, you need to follow certain steps. Here, in this post, we will discuss Steps for Netgear Genie Smart Setup. So, read this post carefully.
- Firstly, power off your wifi modem and Netgear extender.
- Take a LAN cable and connect your wifi modem to the port labeled Internet on your Netgear extender.
- Take the 2nd LAN cable to connect your computer or laptop to any port labeled LAN on your Netgear extender.
- Power on your wifi modem and wait until the power light becomes stable.
- Now, power on your Netgear Extender and wait until the power LED turns solid green.
- Take your laptop or computer and open any internet browser in it such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox Or Safari.
- Type one of the following URLs into the address bar: www mywifiext local (if using a Mac), mywifiext net (for Windows-based computers). Alternatively, you can enter 192.168.1.250 in the address bar as well. The correct URL will bring up the Netgear extender login dialog box.
- If the URL did not redirect you to the extender login page, then recheck the entered URL. Make sure you type the URL in the address bar of the web browser not in the search bar.
- Log in to your extender interface using a default username and password. The Netgear genie setup wizard will display on the screen.
- Click on the advanced tab and then click on setup wizard in the left sidebar.
- Select yes, when asked if you want Netgear to detect your network connection and then click Next.
- The setup wizard will take some time to detect the live network connections and when the process is complete it displays the congratulation page.
- Click on take me to the internet in order to verify your internet connection is working.
In case you are still getting any issue, then feel free to contact My WiFi Ext Fix technical experts and get the required help.